Thursday, December 7, 2006

KING TUT

Today Lori and I went to see the "King Tut" Exhibit at the Field Museum in Chicago. The older I get the more fascinated I find myself when it comes to historic artifacts, news data, etc. The older and more mysterious (or unknown), the more fascinated I am.

Lori has had the benefit of seeing the real thing when she visited Egypt with her family when she was younger - which is also when her brother tried to accept the offer posed to him to buy his sister for a camel. Obviously, one camel wasn't enough, so the offer was declined. :o) In any event, it was cool to see it with her as she offered some additional perspective to me talking about entire rooms covered floor to cieling with the artifacts we were viewing. It was cool.

I'm not doing a great job of putting it into words. That is partially due to the fact that I was actually someone let down by the exhibit. I was hoping it would be a larger exhibit, more historic data, more artifacts, more knowledge. It was still cool to see what was there, but I hoped to see more.

The exhibit is coming to an end, so if you're interested in seeing it, order tickets ASAP. I also recommend a weekday visit to minimize crowds.

No comments:

Sitemeter