Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Mom has son arrested for allegedly playing with present before Christmas

Okay, so while I don't agree with her actions to teach her son a lesson of responsibility, I have to at least applaud her intentions. Too many parents, in my humble opinion (IMHO), let their kids get away with too much just fluffing it off as "a phase" or "part of growing up". While there is some validity to that, too many parents, again, IMHO, fall back on that excuse because it is easier than following through on what is often harder - not always letting yours kids do what they want.

I admit, we don't have kids - one day we hope to - so it is easy for me to comment since I don't have the task/joy of raising a child or children everyday. So I do admit it is easy for me to comment looking through my rose colored glasses. Even still, I found this interesting.

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A fed-up mother had her 12-year-old son arrested for allegedly rummaging through his great-grandmother's things and playing with his Christmas present early.......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16064380/

No comments:

Sitemeter